Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Allow myself to introduce...myself...





I have something to tell you but you have to promise to try to not judge me.
Remember that sunscreen song that came out in 1999? Baz Luhrmann's "everybody's free?"
That song, I like it. I like it a lot.
There, I said it. I hope we aren't starting off on the wrong foot now.
Why did I tell you that? I promise it's relevant.
Okay here we go; there's this line in that song, I think it really conveys the message of what I'm trying to do here.
The line is, "Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia; dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than it's worth."
This might be a bad way to start off a blog. Okay, look, I'm just a girl. Well, a lady.
I don't actually have the answers. I don't want to give the impression that I'm wise or even that I believe I am. I'm just trying to share some life experience and maybe you'll relate, maybe you'll learn something and save yourself some trouble, maybe you'll laugh at the stupid things I do and write.
I mean, I guess we'll see--right?
Oh yeah, I'm Tripp; short for triple L(my initials are all L's). & plus, I feel like everyone in the fucking world is named Lauren.<--it WAS, afterall, the sixteenth most popular name in American in 1987. (D- for originality, mom & dad--but mostly you, dad; you could have done better.)

 Nice to make your aquaintance, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment