Thursday, February 11, 2010

Like my Ipod's Stuck on Replay...

I think that song is so sweet. But I'm not actually going to write about that. I want to write about Corinne Bailey Rae & encourage you to listen to her new album, The Sea. It's not as soulful as her first album but more blue-sy and rock inspired. She even has a Jimi Hendrix cover. The music's very honest; pure vocals & instrumental; very little if no studio-fabricated sounds.

What I like best is that some of her lyrics are similar to Shakespeare sonnet; ex: "It's hard to recall the taste of summer when everywhere around, the chill of winter..." {Are You Here, Corinne Bailey Rae}

Reminds me of...

97

How like a winter hath my absence been

From thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year!

What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen,

What old December's bareness everywhere!

And yet this time removed was summer's time,

The teeming autumn big with rich increase,

Bearing the wanton burden of the prime

Like widowed wombs after their lords' decease.

Yet this abundant issue seemed to me

But hope of orphans and unfathered fruit,

For summer and his pleasures wait on thee,

And thou away, the very birds are mute;

Or if they sing, 'tis with so dull a cheer

That leaves look pale, dreading the winter's near.

 --William Shakespeare

You see the similarity, right? Maybe it's just me...
it's not an official video, just the song & slideshow...

Just an Update, her video for Paris Nights & New York mornings premiered today on Amazon! <3 Watch it & listen to snippets of the album by clicking this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment