Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Writer's Block & Chocolate

My creative teet is suckled dry.

I have writer's block.

So, I'd like to talk about a couple of things...in no particular order.

Consider this post a literary collage, if you will.

We were asked today in creative writing class to think of the most grotesque thing imaginable. As it were, for a creative writing major, I'm not good at making shit up; I have to jazz up my real life experiences.

I considered writing about jail, but then remembered my rambunctious younger cousin's facebook post a couple of weeks ago about the bacon bar.
Bacon and ground pork sausage living happily inside a baked chocolate loaf...Yumm!

Yes, folks, this is real. It comes from a cook book that is a compilation of all the most disgusting recipes in the world.<--And the compilers did a fantastic job! Are you vomiting in your mouth? I am.
The book is called "This is Why You're Fat."

Sure, it looks like an innocent chocolate/pork loaf but I'm pretty sure the concept for this was spawned in Hell by Hitler and the people who spent their lives refusing to roll their toothpaste from the bottom of the tube.
Another thing I'd like to briefly touch on is social relevance; despite what anyone might say or think, the Golden Girls are still AND WILL ALWAYS BE socially relevant.

I use this snickers' commercial as my evidence:

"That's not what your girlfriend says!" haha. Betty White, you are a riot and a treasure to society.

Believe it or not guys, that's all I got at the moment.
They don't call it writer's block for nothing!

Concepts I'm working on: "My Life as Squidward" & "When Hell Freezes Over" <--I promise, it'll make sense once I've panned these ideas out fully...


1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA!! --> "I'm pretty sure the concept for this was spawned in Hell by Hitler and the people who spent their lives refusing to roll their toothpaste from the bottom of the tube." That was the greatest thing I've read in a while!

    ReplyDelete