Saturday, March 6, 2010

Logic Fundamentals in Real Life!

Despite the fact that it snowed profusely (by East Texas standards) about two weeks ago, it is, in fact, Spring. This means the blossom trees on our campus have began...blossoming...

Aside from aesthetic charm and the reassurance that Spring Break will surely come, blossoms bring yet another contribution to the table; a very distinct odor.

I'd go into detail about this smell, but then I'd be getting ahead of myself. I'm saving this for later in the post.

While sitting on a bench beneath one of these blossom trees, a friend of mine commented on their smell:

Friend: "They're so pretty, it's weird that they stink so bad."

Me: "Yeah, I know. It kind of smells like old lady vagina, right?"

Friend: "I wouldn't have necessarily thought that until just now."

Me: "You know what? I kind of like it, though. It reminds me of my childhood."

Friend: "The smell?"

Me: "No, the blossoms. There were a lot blossom trees where I grew up. But I mean, I guess the smell, too. Do you remember that Axe commercial a couple of years ago that said smell is the strongest sense tied to memory? I guess my childhood would have to smell like blossoms."

Which is not necessarily a good thing, readers. My friend & I followed my statements to their logical conclusion using what we've learned in Philosophy 240;

If A then B, & if B then C, so if C then A.

Or (A-->B)& (B-->C) So (C-->A)

So

If my childhood smells of blossoms, And if blossoms smell like old woman vagina

Then the logical conclusion is

The smell of old vaginas reminds me of my childhood.

& I learned how to do that for the low cost college tuition!
My treat to you, no charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment