Thursday, March 25, 2010

Seven Amazing* Facts

I apologized to you guys last week for not being here & then ran off & did it again.

I am sorry for hittin' & quittin' guys, truly I am.

Okay, so now I promise to be more consistent, it's just that I was gone for Spring Break--there were computers around but...

hey, hey, hey; don't give me that look!
I said I'm sorry--what more do you want from me???

Baby, I didn't mean it--please take me back.

K, I hope we're good now.

So, while I was gone, I recieved my second blogger award! It looks like this:

here goes my acceptance speech: "Oh, wow. This is so unexpected. *wipes tears* You guys like me, you really, really like me! I'd like to thank God, my parents, my readers. But most importantly, I'd like to thank LEXA at Cardiac Outbursts (& thanks for the kind words, as well!!!) & KATE at 2010 -->you guys are amazing! ♥

It really does mean something to me to recieve praise from other writers. Like you have no idea.

Much in the format of my last post, this award comes with chain-letter rules, of which, I will only include the two rules that state I must thank the people who bestowed this award upon me & that I must share 7 facts about myself. My reason for excluding the other two rules (Passing the award on & informing the winners is): I do not have any one to give the award to whom I have not either already given last week's award to OR who has not given me an award. It's not like I'm never going to do it--it's just going to take me some time while I meet other writers! So it's really like I'm procrastinating... which is better, right?

Let's just get to the list:

1.) My sophomore year of college, for some reason, I never attended Political Science 206. It seemed like a good idea; there was a shop across the street from my parking lot that sold the lecture notes from the class & I was relatively certain all of the test material came from those notes. I only showed up to the tests. I had a solid B--didn't study for the final, flunked it, finished the course with a C. I'm telling you this because for the past two years, as a result of not attending Polisci that semester, I have these recurring nightmares where I realize I've registered for a course and then just didn't go & missed the first two tests. So in my dreams, I'm always freaking out because I've already missed the drop deadline and I'm going to have an F on my transcript which will definitely prevent me from securing a seat in a law school program. I wake up from these dreams counting out my classes to make sure I've gone to all of them. Sometimes I have to check my agenda to make sure I haven't missed anything important on accident.
Incidentally, the week prior to spring break, I hustled to attend this extra credit lecture and write a synopsis of it for my gender & society class. Spent the rest of the week spazzing about Miss Greek. Missed a quiz. Fortunately, the extra credit was EXACTLY enough points to cover the missing quiz grade, but it's almost self defeating, right? Isn't that a bitch?

2.) I have a nasty habit of peeling the skin off my lips.
--> I don't even know why I do it! Whenever they get chapped, there I go, peeling off the dry skin. I could just start using chapstick & break this habit but I somehow always forget.

3.) Almost my entire closet is monochromatic.
Oooh! Just busted out an art term on you! Basically all of my clothes fall into 4 categories: Black, Grey, White, Blue. Even my bedspread and curtains are black and white--they match my makeup bag & Shakespeare's dog dishes. I don't know when it happened, but when I noticed, I started trying to introduce actual colors into my closet. I'm taking it one step at a time.

4.) I went through this very creepy "creepy girl" phase for a short time in high school.
Or was it a short time? I'd like to think so, but I could be under-exaggerating for the sake of my pride.
I wasn't gothic. & being a creep and being gothic are totally different. That's not what I'm trying to say. I was just uber morbid & I spent money on these creepy little dolls
This isn't my picture, but I do actually own the first, second, and fouth dolls from the left. ick.

& I dated really creepy guys.

I've gotten out of both of those habits, but now I still have the creepy dolls stacked in their coffins in the back of my closet (one is even signed by Elvira) & the injuries to my dignity from the creepy men.

Hopefully, I'll be able to sell the scary little dolls at the Half-Priced Books store here. The memories of creepy boyfriends and all the creepy antics I participated in--and was still participating in up until like a little over a year ago--I dunno, maybe just keep trying to suppress all of that...?

5.) Nothing motivates me more than a looming deadline.
I'm the BIGGEST procrastinator on the planet. But 3 hours before the test/paper is due--I GET SHIT DONE! I firmly believe that if notified 6 hours ahead that the world was going to end, I could adequately solve all of humanity's problems just as the giant meteor struck the planet.



I'm including this video specifically for Demetri Martin's procrastination pie chart...

6.) My favorite city in the world, so far, is New Orleans.
I can't explain it, I just love it there. It could be because as part of my creepy adolescent phase I read Anne Rice prolifically so I feel like when I'm there, there's potentially a vampire saga ensuing around me & I'm unaware of it. It could be because it's where Tennesse Williams lived when he wrote, A Streetcar Named Desire. It could  be because my favorite Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog is centered in New Orleans--I couldn't tell you. Maybe it's the jazz and the blues, the food? the people? The rich history or the fact that the people had so much pride and love for their community that even with all the damage and loss inflicted by Katrina, the residents have managed to fully restore the HEART and Atmosphere? Dunno. But I love it. My second favorite cities are Washington, DC, London, and Austin.
Aaannnnd, I am super proud of NoLa for winning the super bowl! Cursed my ass! :)

Dear NoLa; God, do I miss you! Promise to come back soon. --♥ Lauren

7.) The one thing I ALWAYS make sure I do before visiting Mr. Flintstone or even going out dancing/drinking is: MAKING SURE MY TOES ARE DONE!
I'm talking about ped-egged, lotioned & exfoliated, & then painting my toenails.
In my old home town, guys used to pay attention to women's toes. I'm not sure if that's the custom else where on the planet but it definitely stuck with me.

And those are my facts! --> Again, thank you so much Lexa & Kate! ♥

Believe it or not, coming up with seven facts was FREAKING hard! I literally have been working on this post for a WEEK!

*word "amazing" used loosely.

1 comment: