Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's like a dark cloud just settled over my head...


I'm not even going to make excuses for myself. Right now, I'm sitting on my couch wearing only the shirt I had on yesterday and some underwear.

But I did get dressed yesterday and I woke up before noon today so I definitely consider both of those to be epic wins.

Yesterday, it was a really great friend of mine's 21st birthday and we celebrated by having dinner at olive garden (which reminds me that I left my leftovers in my car overnight--by now my entire garage probably smells like five cheese ziti al forno--arguably, there are worse things it could smell like, but anyway) so as we all looked over the dessert menu, I chose my absolutely favorite dessert in the world; the torta di chocolate. So the waitress brings it out to me and says, "This is like my favorite dessert. I'm so sad they're taking it off the menu."

Words cannot explain...It was like being kicked in the stomach. It was comparable to someone telling me that a long time friend was killed in a freak accident. It was like a dark rain cloud settled over my head, a menacing gleam in its eye.
I will always love you. RIP, my sweet friend.

I don't think I can get you guys to fully understand the gravity of this situation for me; I seriously had it mapped out in my mind that at my wedding, I would commission the Olive Garden distributors to manufacture several dozens of these to stack on top of each other in lieu of an actual cake. That's how much I love it. We had plans!!!

I don't understand why these things have to happen. All I can do is lift my face and arms to the heavens and shout, "Why, God, why???"

Okay, I'm done now.

1 comment:

  1. omg..they aren't really being discontinued!!!! I love that stuff..ohh and the cream that comes with it..wtf?! :( I can't believe it...

    ReplyDelete