Monday, December 13, 2010

That's Cool

A little over a year ago, I met this really cool guy named Smoochie.
He was in the same writers' workshop class that I was in & he was a riot.
Hands down, one of the coolest people I've ever known.

He was really screwed up about girls but it was cool because he let every girl know upfront what they were walking into. & at the time, I was madly in love with Mr. Flintstone but we just couldn't keep it together.
(As a side note, that one line is pretty much the entire dynamic of Mr.Flintstone & I summed up for as far back as I can remember. Anyway) Sometimes after class, Smoochie and I would go get pancakes and talk about our disfunctional relationships for hours.

He threw this party once and decorated an entire wall of his living room with pictures from Victoria's Secret catalogues. Seriously, this guy was cool.

Anyway, last summer Smoochie went away to film school because he's super talented.
& I wrote on his facebook wall:
There's something different about Texas since you've gone; it's mostly the same as how you left it except now there's this un-fill-able void created by your absence. the sunshine is duller, the wind less fragrant. i've had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. i guess what i'm trying to say is i miss you with every breath i take...

& Smoochie wrote back, "That's cool."

& I couldn't stop laughing.
But then a little while later he wrote:
hahahahaha I wanted to just leave it as that, cause it makes you seem like a huge CREEPO but it would just be too wrong lol but for your sake....There's no day here without you, only night, everything that tasted sweet once, now seems to have gone bitter, and emotions themselves feel worthless without you to share them with. I carved Heinemann into my chest.

{Larry Heinemann is the name of our creative writing workshop professor. He is seriously THE coolest & most inspiring & most talented man I've ever met in person.}

& I wrote back:
Wow, that was really profound.
I can't stop laughing.


And so like yeah.
That's my post about my friendship with Smoochie.

No comments:

Post a Comment