Monday, March 28, 2011

Really Quick From Class


(My friend) Rolph via facebook status update: is going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.


Me: Okay, I'll bite: was your friend really eaten by a shark or is this a cry for attention?
---This is only funny if his friend wasn't really eaten. & also, using the word, "bite" was poorly thought out before hand.
 
Rolph: Both.
 
Me: My condolences. I've always thought that Snickers ice cream bar commercial was poor taste.
 
---& then I felt bad because (1) that joke was probably wasted since most don't spend as much time watching cartoons as I do...so like he may not have seen the commercial; (2) that joke was probably wasted because if his friend really was eaten by a shark, it wasn't funny;  (3) I was more concerned about my wasted joke than my friend's friend who was maimed and possibly killed by a shark.
 
and (4) for blogging about it...
 
While I was typing this, my best friend in class, Fats, just looked over at my computer.
Fats: *lifts eyebrow at my screen full of google images of sharks*
Me: "I'm writing a blog...about sharks..."
Fats: *rubs hands across face in disappointment*

UPDATE: I just found out this is from a movie. More precisely, from The Life Aquatic. I feel so much better now that I wasn't making fun of my friend's friend's death. Although, never having seen this movie, I'm still not sure that SOMEONE didn't die by shark attack... in which case, I'm still a terrible person.

2 comments:

  1. As soon as you said Snickers commercial, I immediately played it in my brain. How awkward...I hope he didn't really die...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen the movie, but I'm relatively certain all casualties were limited to fictional characters.
    What a relief. :)

    ReplyDelete