Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ball Sacks & Such.

In a school full of people who take themselves entirely too seriously, I found my haven.
I have yet to really blog about my new family; the one I made at law school-- Fatty, Krusts, and Gaga.
They're very special to me and the four of us form the most fun, fashionable, bitchy click in our program.
It was meant to be; kismet, if you will.
I don't have a really great group photo of us & for reasons I'll outline below, I probably shouldn't post up photos of them.
That reason being; law school is JUST like high school.
& even more than that, in the actual law career, itself, image is EVERYTHING.

I've never been one for secrets & I don't like censoring myself, if this blog has been any indication.
I'm also this way in my friendships.

Many a day these last two semesters, Fatty, Krusts, Gaga, & I will sit out under the sunshine in the law school court yard.
Books will be open.
Sack lunches out.
There's laughing.
We probably look like a pretty wholesome bunch of young American adults just enjoying the spring time weather.

But if one were to get just close enough, you'd hear:
L: So the other day, I realized balls go all the way back. Like I thought they just dangled but they don't.
F: I saw that picture you posted on my wall. You're lying--that's not a naked mole rat, that's a ball sack with teeth.
L: I'm going to tweet that.
K: (to L) so I take it you must have had him spread eagle or something?
L: Well I mean, it's not like I posed him or anything. He was just relaxing that way.
G: You guys (eyes watering) omigosh you guys, today is the SADDEST day in America.
L: Did Cyndi Lauper die?
G: No worse. Enrique Iglesias just announced that he's no longer touring with Britney Spears. I'll never get to see him on tour now.
K: Well maybe now he can go on tour by himself. Maybe Jersey Shore will dance on stage like they do in that video.
G: Maybe.
F: (to L) Ugh! Why did you post that picture of this Black Albino on my wall? I hate them!
G: That is SO racist.


If you think this looks like anything other than a drawer full of dildos, you're lying to yourself. 

other days:

L: I can't believe they made us wear panty hose.
F: It's bull shit.
G: I think you guys are making too big a deal of this.
K: That's because you'll never have to wear them, Gaga.
L: The Board of Advocates has another thing coming if they think for one second that I'm going to risk getting a yeast infection just to stand up in Moot Court.
G: What are you talking about?
F: Yeast infections may be related to wearing panty hose.
K: If you're not wearing underwear.
L: No, you can get them even if you ARE wearing panties. It's because it suffocates your vagina. Ask my vagina right now, she's suffocating.

still others:
(in the library)
K: I don't understand why the word, "vaginal" exists. Why not just say vagina?
L: Vaginal is an adjective. Vagina is a noun.
F: Can you shut up?
G: Like Vaginal infections? Omigosh, I think that guy heard me.
F: The whole library heard you. SHUT UP.
L: I guess you could say, "infected vagina" but "vaginal infection" sounds much more sterile...

-----------------

The thing of it is, we're all future potential lawyers.
What this means is there will come a time when we're expected not to talk this way; not to think ball sacks and Black Albinos are funny.
I, personnally, struggle with this everyday: will there EVER come a time when ball sacks are NOT funny to me? If I had to, would I even want to pretend that I don't think they're funny for my career?
& I'm just not sure.
There's this whole thing in our field called professional responsibility. & I'm not exactly sure what it's about since I haven't taken the course yet but I imagine it pretty much says that practicing attorneys shouldn't have blogs...let alone blogs where they talk about armpit hair, racial slurs, and where references to sex organs are a common occurrence.
& I guess if it came down to it, it's such a silly thing, this blog, that I should be willing to give it up for my own chance at success. At least, you know, so this whole law school/going into debt thing isn't in vain.
But I can't help but feel like at the same time, it's more than that.
It kind of feels like I'd be giving up a part of myself.

& I honestly, I can't see how thinking that ball sacks are funny makes me a bad person or is in some way indicative that I won't be an AMAZING attorney.

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment