Friday, April 29, 2011

GushGushGush

Wow, so when I started this blog, I never imagined I'd actually ever write on it.
I started this blog when it dawned on me that although I was a Creative Writing major, I was getting ready to graduate and my chances of ever doing any thing creative writing related as a career looked bleak. Especially because I'd already applied and been accepted into law school and had NO back up plan.
...And because I literally felt sometimes like I'd rather rip out my hair then come up with new creative works for writer's workshop class.
So what I'm getting at is I started this blog because I wanted to really work on my writing;
I wanted to get into the habit of writing & look forward to that time;
& I knew that God blessed me with not only a talent for writing, but also because He's consistently surrounding me with the type of characters and situations that DEMAND to be written about.

Today, I am happy to announce that this, my gorgeous, wonderful readers, is my 100th post! whoo-hoo!
If I could, I would totally pelt you with one of these to celebrate:


Those are empty egg shells full of confetti. Incidentally, they are part of my post & for the record, throwing confetti at people is definitely one of my favorite things...ever...

Last Thursday morning started the way any terrible day starts; terribly.
(sorry, once I started that sentence, I felt pigeon-holed and wasn't sure where else to go).

I stepped in dog poop with my bare foot.
I burned my hand while moving my flat iron.
My contact lense rolled into the back of my eye right after I put it on & I had to fish it out while simultaneously holding an orange freezer pop in the opposite hand trying to remedy the burn from my flat iron.
& this ALL occurred immediately after I got out of bed.
like before I'd even turned the lights on in my bed room.

Not to mention, I was running over 15 minutes late for my last day of my first year of law school classes.

But then I got to school & realized just how much I really love my life and for the first time, really acknowledged that I'm in exactly the right place at the right time. I think I've finally fallen into His plan for my life and I feel so privileged to be exactly here.

I don't mean to brag, but I don't think it's a coincedence that my brother lived in the city I was moving to; that my dad had just gotten a job here when I got my acceptance letter; or that after starting school, I met the three people I'm most compatible with in life.
So I get to school, sit through a very brief and inspiring final lecture with my favorite professor, go have breakfast with the Fab4 and on the way back, we stop to purchase confetti eggs from an elderly woman on the side of the street.
This is how I know I have met my soulmates in the Fab4: as we were leaving breakfast, I saw the women selling confetti eggs and said, "let's buy some!" & we turned the car around to go & buy them. Then, my friends and I had a mini photo shoot in front of all of these boxes with the word, "EGGS," printed on them and a Tattoo sign... because I thought it was funny. & I was super grateful that my friends entertain my strange sense of humor. The egg-peddling old women even got in some of the pictures.  They were very proud of their painted confetti confections.
We got back to campus, lured Krusts from the library under false pretenses and had an egg war in the soccer field.
After our final class, we took pictures to celebrate and I came home to study and prepare for the Fab4 dinner date. Somewhere on the way home, I realized that my love for my new life, my new friends, and my family turned what started off showing all the signs of a bad day into a glorious one.

I've never been so happy to be alive as I was in that one "AHA!" moment.

I can't think of a better way to celebrate my 100th post then to just express appreciation for all the people in my life who give me things to write about, make me laugh, and make even the most seemingly mundane days overflow with wonderful memories.
So thank you.
 You guys are the wind beneath my wings and I am completely in love with all of you,
and as always, with you reader.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that your bad day turned out to be a great one =]
    Congrats on your 100th post and congrats on getting through your first year of law school!

    ReplyDelete