Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sounds Good to Me

Maybe I've been cheating myself.

Ever since I found out that it's only 24 additional hours after pursuing a juris doctor to obtain a masters.
& they will give you a masters in anything.
Am I crazy for wanting to spend an ADDITIONAL year after obtaining my JD to get a MBA in English?

I've just been staring at the pile of books stacking in my room;
The Picture of Dorian Gray, To Kill A Mockingbird, Paradise Lost, Pride And Prejudice And Zombies-- when will you be mine?

Maybe I was meant to read.
Maybe I was meant to toil away on this blog, bitching.
Maybe I was wrong for pretending like I never loved EVERY MINUTE of being a creative writing major.

& I sit and read these case books.
They have no soul.
The only time I've ever connected to the reading is in Constitutional Law.

Maybe I was meant to be a zero.
An anonymous.
Slaving away in a half-priced books;
Feeling contempt for all the other literary hipsters who come in;
Slamming back iced coffees and old books during break;
Writing shitty articles for the local print.

That honestly sounds good to me.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever makes you happy, go for it, otherwise you'll be miserable for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete