Monday, June 20, 2011

Studying, A Log

How different would that title be without the comma; it would be as though I was implying that I was actually studying a log.
So, I imagine this happening to you:
& that was probably disappointing. For the record, I'm studying logs in both pictures only in the second picture, I was looking for a picture of a log for this post before I decided to paint a picture for you.

So anyway, what I'm saying is that studying is not going well for me.
& I decided to illustrate this point by making a time log of actual events that took place today while I was trying to study:

9:15 am alarm sounded. I turned it off & had an incredibly believable dream about waking up and studying.
11 am realized I was dreaming when a storm trooper reminded me to call my dad.
11:15 am called my dad, made dinner plans
11:45 am took a shower
12 pm walked Shakespeare
12:20 pm opened my text book
1 pm ensued text banter with Solo and attempted studying
2 pm realized I'd read one page.
2:30 pm decided to move my study attempts to the dining room table.
3 pm my mom called, I told her she could NOT come with me to Marfa
3:15 pm heated up a bar of chocolate; decided to dip marshmallows into it
3:20 pm two marshmallows in, realized this was disgusting.
3:45 pm decided to eat a fruit cup. licked bowl of chocolate clean
4 pm put chicken into oven for dinner with dad.
4:20 pm sat back down to study
4:40 pm found brown stain on hand, licked it under assumption that it was chocolate. It was not.
5 pm decided to write pathetic blog post about how much I hate studying.
5:15 pm painted picture of myself studying logs.
5:45 pm my brother got home, put in his true blood dvds in an effort to convince me to buy hbo for him.

gosh. where has today gone?

2 comments:

  1. Lmfao that's pretty much exactly what happens when I study. In fact, if other people don't study like that, then I don't know what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh em gee, i feellike it takes me ALL DAY just to read one page.

    ReplyDelete