Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wild Wild West

Friends, I am proud to say that one of my dreams is coming true:
 I am going to Marfa.

My very good friend, Solo (which may seem like another Starwars reference but is ACTUALLY referring to his ONE chest hair that he's really proud of)  & I decided to road trip there & it's probably one of the most exciting things that hasn't happened to me yet. Today, we discussed the details:

Solo: So I'm thinking I'll drive out your way Thursday & we'll leave Friday.
Me: You sure can skip class Friday, though?
Solo: I've been doing it all semester. It'll be okay. Plus if not, we'll end up driving west in the dark. I'm not familiar with what's out there.
Me: Me either. But I do know that if we see a historic landmark for the world's largest ball of yarn or world's largest safety pin, I WILL make you pull over. Anyway, I think you've touched on a solid point: Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a REAL fictional story about people driving through Texas...who die.

Solo: Yeah, & the Black guy always dies first. (Don't worry, he's Black, not racist)
Me: I hadn't even thought of that. I feel much safer.
Solo: No. YOU WILL STILL DIE.
Me: Well!
Solo: I just didn't want you to have unrealistic expectations. If I die, you die.
Me: Your estimation of my survival skills is seriously lacking.

---

Which is true: because I am the person who wrote the scary movie survival guide. I'm already mentally prepped. Eye of the Tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment