Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2.1.12 This House is Not a Home

I'd like to think that most of us are our significant other's biggest fan, whether they deserve it or not.

For me & my guy, better known to my beautiful and small readership as Solo, it's just that.
No one laughs at my jokes harder, no one praises me more for getting dressed on Sunday when all I want is be naked on my couch, no one tells me my sweat and stretch marks are sexy the way Solo does.

I don't think I've ever taken the time to publicly acknowledge how special my guy is.
He is the bomb (taking you all the way back to 1991).

& moreover, what I'm here to talk about today is that he is in a band. 

You don't have to take my word for how truly talented this kid is, you can read about him here-- he made his local town's publication's cover story a couple of weeks ago. I love that article. 

OR, & what I'm actually hoping you'll do, you can judge for yourself by downloading his album today (or tomorrow, or next week--whenever you get around to it, really).  The album has been a labor of love for my boyfriend and his band and group of producer friends for over a year. They meticulously tweaked each song until they were certain it was the best product they could give listeners.

I understand, you might be skeptic. Who wants to download an entire album to their computer only to find that they don't like it. & for you, my intelligent reader, I give you the opportunity to hear a couple of singles from this album before you make a decision: here here!

Of the band as a whole: they are all my boyfriend's friends. I feel good saying that they are a great group of young men with big hearts and that this album is their baby. I have NEVER in my life liked any of the people my past boyfriends have brought around but this group of men is truly something special. It's a pretty big deal for me & I hope they can become a big deal for you, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment