Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Letters

I'm still enamored with the day I had yesterday.
For the first time in a long time, my Valentine's day was NOT a bitter failure.

I got to spend the evening with a couple of the fabfaves (originally the fab 4, but we've since expanded) and watch some of my favorite romantic films while stuffing my face with chocolate covered strawberries, spinach dip on pita chips, pigs in a blanket, and more chocolate covered strawberries.
It was actually really good.

& to that end, I'd like to tell the fabfaves, my family, Darlene, & of course Solo:
(via happy place)
& also, I'd like to tell Solo--
I consider myself fortunate to be with someone I respect so much.
You are a great man, even if you're having a difficult time seeing that truth in yourself. 
My dad once told me loving someone is waking up everyday wanting to make that person happy. That is how I feel about you. Without much effort, you make me smile everyday.
& finally, what we have has left me amazed at how close I can feel to someone who is three hours away. I miss you all the time, but I know you're always there at the same time. You are my best friend.

& now reader(s), if you need to project vomit all the mush I just forced into your brain, please have at it. 


1 comment: