Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I stole this.

I watched the movie NINE once & for some reason when Marion Cotillard sang, "My husband makes movies" I felt disturbed.

During a long drive home late last night, I played that same song & realized it bugs me because it's basically what it's like to date a serious musician (or other artistic, obsessive types).

So, with a couple of tweeks here and there, I made it relevant to my own situation.
Readers, I give you, "My boyfriend makes music."

My boyfriend makes music.
To make it he lives a kind of dream
In which his actions aren't always 
What they seem.
He may be on to some unique romantic
Theme.
Some men run baths,
Some rule the world, 
Some earn their living baking bread.
My boyfriend, he goes a little crazy
Making music instead.

My boyfriend spins fantasies,
He lives them, then gives them to you
All.
Like Michelangelo, he paints his private dome,
But can't distinguish what's his work & what's his home.
Some men sell stocks, some men punch
Clocks,
Some leap where others dare to tread.
My boyfriend, as writer and producer,
Makes up music in his head.

You & I together, who we once were,
Number one genius and number one fan,
You & I together, who we once were,
Passionate woman in love with this man,
Long ago, so very long ago,Once we two were,
Cute guy in a band, the lawyer; his lover,
Young girl with dreams and a life of her own,
Then we had no end of worlds to discover,
Singing together all night on the phone.
Long ago, someone else ago, 
How he needs me so,
And he'll be the last to know it.

My boyfriend makes music.
To make it, he makes himself
Obsessed.
He goes for weeks on end without a 
Bit of rest,
No other way can he achieve his level
Best.
Some men read books, some shine theirshoes,
Some retire early
Some stay up to dream and muse. 
My boyfriend only rarely comes to bed,
My boyfriend makes music instead.


My boyfriend makes music...

2 comments: