Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Selling a fairy tale

Recently, a friend commented on my facebook wall expressing her happiness that I'd found someone who loves and respects me. She was very happy for me that I'd finally found true love.
& I accepted this congratulatory statement with poise; but also admitted that Solo & I had been fighting.

Reader(s), I'd like to tell you the absolute truth about Solo & I.
He is but a figment of my imagination, except for when he's a Japanese Body Pillow & then he's a pillow that I hold close & pretend is a person.
That's not true, but this post is going to be of the somber variety & I needed to get at least one joke in.

The truth is that what Solo & I share is flawed.
In more ways than one.

Do I love him? Inconceivably so.
Does he love me? Yes.

But relationships require so much more than love.

He & I have all kinds of problems as a couple--distance, trust issues, baggage.
We've broken up twice (both of which lasted only long enough for us to talk through the fact that we still wanted to be together).

& so what I'm saying is: yes, we're happy. MOST OF THE TIME.
I honestly don't know if he's the one or just one of many.

& I just don't want to sell you guys a fairy tale that's just going to turn into a couple of rags & rodents at the stroke of midnight. Or whatever happened to Cinderella.

You guys deserve full disclosure: what Solo & I have is far from perfect. What we have is very real; full of triumphs and also plagued with tragedies.

So now you know.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, that's how every relationship is for the most part. I've done the same thing with my bf, like broken up with him four times only for the span of about 2 hours until we worked it out. Relationships are hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lexa!
    that's an understatement. haha.
    I'm so glad you two have been able to work things out & wish you guys luck!

    ReplyDelete