Saturday, April 28, 2012

Release 4: Mozzarella

There is a lot of red tape when you adopt an animal from a shelter.
The people there want to make sure you're a good, reliable pet owner & the policies are set up in a way to discourage the non-dedicated.

I want none of that to overshadow the fact that, a week ago today, Solo & I went to Animal Care Services and  adopted a kitten to be Shakespeare's little sister.

Solo found her hiding in her litter's cage behind a small box & when we took her out, we both knew she was it.

We named her Mozzarella, because she's white & we both like cheeses.
Officially, Mozzarella Fitzgerald (like Ella Fitzgerald, but more Italian).

Some other names I was considering were Tracy Jordan
and Nibbler.


But neither really fit, nothing fit, until we brainstormed up Mozzarella Fitzgerald.

So far, she really likes using her claws to rock climb up into bed, meowing, eating, climbing into her bowl to eat, and demanding attention.
She and Shakespeare really seem to have taken to each other.

Here she is:

This was her first ever picture.


Hiding behind Solo in the car, this photo is more so for scaling purposes.
Spazzing in the car.

Napping

Her "surprised" face.

Being adorable.

Cleaning herself after stealing some of my yogurt. 

& finally, begging me to stop spamming you with cat pictures. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww SHE'S SO CUTE! Mozzarella Fitzgerald, that's a great name. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'aaaawww how cute! I want a kitten, but cats seem to hate me. My brother is giving me a pug soon and I'm so happy because it's my favorite kind of dog. Also, I have those Star Wars pjs :D

    ReplyDelete