Monday, April 16, 2012

Release

I've had a lot of things I wanted to write about lately but I haven't been sure where to start or what should be one long post and what should be one short one. Instead of mapping out my ideas, I decided to do what I, arguably, do the best: put it off.
And alas! here we are, 15 days into April & my first post for the month.
(Fortunately, I once used a picture of confetti eggs in one of my posts & the traffic generated by people googling pictures of "confetti eggs," presumably for Easter, has far surpassed that which I could ordinarily expect this far into any other month where I've actually written things).

Something I should acknowledge is that in the time that I've not written this month, my best friend, Darlene, and my big brother, Ray, celebrated their birthdays.

Both celebrated in Austin this past weekend & while there, I realized that it's really fucking difficult to be at two parties simultaneously and how much I missed living with my brother.

I guess this post boils down to another set of love letters;

Darlene-- you've been my best friend through literally everything: my awkward phase, my slutty phase, our teenage arguing for no reason in high school phase, my making poor choices phase, my "why in the hell do you date that guy?" phases. Our friendship is relentless and enduring & I am remarkably privileged to be your friend. You are a beautiful, wonderful 24 year old.

Ray--there's nothing I could say that I haven't said a million times before. You are my hero. It's that simple. In recent years, we've become much closer than we were for over 20 years and I'm so thankful we had that time together & grateful for the time we have left together. You are an awesome brother and an even better example of someone who is forever and individual despite the implications and successful nonetheless. Your bravery, humor, and uniqueness inspire me. Happy 32nd birthday.

& I think I should wrap this posting up here.
But, in the words of the glorious Terminator:
I will be back.

(& soon.)

1 comment:

  1. Aw this was sweet. Along the thought of your confetti egg post, I had the same thing happen to me when I posted a picture of Ian Somerhalder in some "I want to marry one of these men" posts.

    ReplyDelete