Monday, July 23, 2012

Office Ghost

The office I intern at has a ghost.
An old Mexican lady who was once an attorney here.

I know this because everyday, I see this lady in the office, wearing the exact same outfit: a long white tee shirt and a blue jean skirt with white socks and white tennis shoes & she never goes home.

She also babbles to herself really loudly in the halls. 


Whenever I see her in the break room, she tells me, "I wash my dishes and no one else's and then I put them away so no one will use them." She'll say this to me whether I've made eye contact with her or not, even if my back is turned to her because I am trying to buy a snack from the vending machine. She will repeat this phrase to me until I acknowledge that she was talking to me. I typically just smile.


One night, I was the last person left in the office.
Or so I thought.
The Ghost Woman came into the intern office and told me that it was getting dark out and crazy things happen when it's dark. I told her I was on my way out soon & she left. 
She came back as I was packing up my briefcase with a sliced eggplant and a glass of water. 
She turned on the intern office tv to a novella & began cutting her eggplant into bite sized slices. 
"I wash my dishes and no one else's, and then I put them away so no one will use them," she said to me as I left the room. 
"Goodnight, Ghost Lady," I whispered back. 

1 comment:

  1. This is really freaking creepy. Are you serious?

    ReplyDelete