Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A collection of one liners.

Sometimes, I hear things the kids I work with say in passing.
Sometimes, those things are funny.

Me, to a group of students: Hey, how's it going guys? You having any trouble analyzing the poem?
Student A: I don't really get it?
Me: Well, let's talk about it; what's the connotation of "locking it away in her deepest cabinet?" What's the author really trying to say?
*A pause*
Student B: Oooh!
Me: Yeah? What do you think?
Student B: You know what I want? I want one of those mustaches that curls at the ends when I grow up!
-----

As I walked past a student deep in her assigned reading.
Student: *sigh* I like unicorns & butterflies.

-----

Walking past two students talking.
Student A: So, you got a job?
Student B: Yeah. It's some place called woll foods.
Me: I'm sorry, what? You work where?
Student B: Woll foods.
Me: Are you saying whole foods?
Student B: Naw, Miss, it's woll foods.
Me: I'm pretty sure that's wrong. It's pronounced WHOLE.


That's all, folks!

http://instantrimshot.com/

1 comment: